11th November 2022
Hook Infant School Newsletter 11th November 2022
www.hookinfants.co.uk for all the latest dates and curriculum news
Anti-bullying week is next week and to mark the start of curriculum activities and discussions approaching this topic we are inviting children to wear their “odd socks” on Monday 14th November.
We will be supporting Children in Need on Friday 18th November. At Hook Infant School it is a non-uniform day and we welcome children to wear something spotty or even Pudsey related. A collection will be made in class for any donations.
Thank you to everyone who came to the Hook Fireworks 2022. We are especially grateful to everyone who gave up their time to volunteer. The event requires over 150+ volunteers to ensure it runs safely and we are grateful to have such a dedicated community to make this possible. The event was a great success and there was a wonderful atmosphere (not damped by the rain), we hope everyone enjoyed it.
We turn our attention now to the Christmas Fair, more details coming very soon, including a brilliant raffle with some awesome prizes! Please save the date Christmas Fair 2022 – Saturday 3rd December 11am - 3pm
We would also like to let you know that we will be holding termly 2nd hand uniform sales for both school logo items. We will be setting up permanent collection bins at both schools which will allow parents to drop off donations at any time. Sales dates will be advised at the beginning of each term and dates will depend on HSCA team/volunteer availability. The first 2nd hand uniform sale will take place at the Christmas fair.
The school office
The school office can be contacted by phone between 8am and 3.30pm on 01256 764487. Leave a message if we don’t answer as we may be helping another family on the other line.
Alternatively, you can email the school office so your questions can be directed to the correct member of staff via firstname.lastname@example.org (this is monitored during school hours).
If you would like to speak to your child’s class teacher please let the office know and your child’s class teacher will arrange a telephone call or appointment to see you. Appointments can be made at 2.45pm from Monday to Thursday.
Thank you for your support with the Royal British Legion 2022 Poppy Appeal. As always the popular slap bands sell out. All for a very good cause..
Updates will be marked in a different colour
- 14/11/22 Anti-bullying week. Odd Sock Monday
- 18//11/22 Non-uniform day - wear something spotty. Collection for Children In Need
- 02/12/22 Non-uniform day in exchange for some Christmas Chocolate please. For example, Advent calendars, chocolate boxes, chocolate coins
- 03/12/22 HSCA Christmas Fair - more details to follow
- 06/11/22 Starfish and Dolphin Christmas performance in the hall 9.15am Seahorse and Turtle Christmas performance in the hall 2pm
- 07/11/22 Bumblebee and Dragonfly 9.15am and 2pm performance in class
- 08/11/22 Seahorse and Turtle Christmas performance in the hall 9.15am Starfish and Dolphin Christmas performance in the hall 2pm
- 09/12/22 Ladybird and Butterfly 9.15am and 2pm performance in class
- 09/12/22 Christmas Jumper Day (instead of school jumper or cardigan) Collection for Save the Children
- 14/12/22 Year 2 Carols at St Johns Church 9.30am and 2pm
- 15/12/22 School Christmas parties - more details to follow
- 16/12/22 End of term. School closes at 1.15pm after lunch
- 03/01/23 INSET DAY - School Closed to children
- 04/01/23 Children return to school for Spring Term
Class Assembly rota: Friday 18th November - Turtle Class Friday 25th November - Seahorse Class
Christmas Performance Ticket
Christmas Performance Tickets will be available shortly via your Parentmail app. 2 tickets per child are available at a cost of £5 for the pair.
Please note that no other children are permitted in any of these performances. You may need to do a “playground swap” of your tickets if you need one adult to come to each different performance.
Safeguarding your children is our priority. Please contact the schools Designated Safeguarding Leads, either Mrs M Walker (Headteacher), Mrs L Hannan (Deputy Headteacher) or Mr P West with any concerns.
Further Safeguarding information and support can be found via www.NSPCC.org.uk or Childline 0800 1111 Any concerns may also be raised directly with Hampshire County Council Children’s services phone line (anonymously if you wish) by calling 0300 555 1384.
Keeping our children safe is everyone’s responsibility.